“Everybody knows it ain’t trickin’ if you got it.” ~ T.I.
Well cover me in sugar and call me a donut! Just when you
think you’ve seen it all, someone comes along and proves you wrong! I was
straight up propositioned today. There is a man I was introduced to via a
co-worker for networking purposes. At the function we attended, he hit on me
and I made it clear our relationship would only be strictly business…especially
since he lives with his child’s mother. The audacity! Anywhoo, randomly out of
the blue, I receive a barrage of text messages from him today:
Him: “Why won’t you go out
with me? How much you need, $1,000? I gotcha.”
Me: “Huh????”
Him: “Stop playing and just
go with the flow. You’re playing hard to get but in the back of your mind you
want me. You’ll give in. How much do you
need? $1,000? Your rent paid? A car note? What is it gonna take? Name your
price”
*blank stare* What the hell? *blink blink* There were other
text messages and I just kept reading them over and over because I just knew a
man I have NEVER dated would not have the nerve to proposition me. Is this the
new dating scene? Is this normal? Am I archaic or living under a rock? I mean
he just said it over and over like it was normal. Obviously this has worked for
him before or he wouldn’t be so comfortable throwing that out there.
This got me to thinking, if he feels so relaxed bidding on
someone, there are women out there that that accept the offer. Do these women
not feel like it’s a form of prostitution or solicitation? How does it work? Do
the men pay whatever the agreed upon amount is for each date or does that disbursement
allot them a number of dates? What the hell! I was offended. For a moment, I
was mortified wondering if I accidentally gave some kind of signal to make him
think it was cool to talk to me like I am street booty.
I am glad to know I love and value myself enough to not put
a price on my ass. Mmmm mmm mmm. SMH!
Funk-O-Meter = 4
Days Without 'Cupcake' = 1

What the hello?!!! That dude needs to be punched in the mouth, and then he could use his $1,000 on a partial!!!! Idiot!!!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha!!! whatsyourprice.com will give you ALL the rules you need! LMAO!!!
ReplyDelete