Friday, August 24, 2012

Now What Now??


 
 
 
“There is a sacrifice you make with people along the way
When there is nowhere to run and nowhere to stay
And the wheels still move, they won't slow down
Even when they're spinnin' in the same soft ground 
When the well runs dry there's nothing left to say
Throw up your hands and wail all day…”
~ Drive By Truckers – When The Well Runs Dry

I’m finding it harder and harder to write because I don’t have anything to write about lol! Life is pretty swell…well. 

Then I have to remember that I have a child and that means at any moment, a catastrophe can happen and rain on your sunshiny day. As I suspected, the summer situation of 2012 has lingered and festered into a hot damn mess. From the unveiling of my daughter’s secrets and lies, it has been either silence or more lies. 
 
After the fallout from the f’s and lose of financial aid, I calmed down and thought, “something has to have happened for the sudden changes in her.” I reached out to her, tried to ask what was going on, offered to assist and all of my offers were turned down. I even went and priced moving into a 2-bedroom to let her get on her feet and that was shot down as well. So imagine my surprise when out of the blue my mother calls me and tells me my daughter packed up her belongings and was headed to my spot. Uhhhh huh? 
 
I’ve been calling, texting, and emailing this child for about three weeks now with no answer no response. Come to find out, she’s been telling my parents we’ve talked. She told my mother she spoke to me so my mother called me asking about the conversation and I was lost in the sauce. What is going on? Other things she has been telling my mother: 
“I’ve been calling her and she hasn’t called me back yet”  
“I called her but she was in class and said she would call me back” …wasn’t a bit more in class than a man on the moon.  
“I just talked to her a minute ago and she was busy” 

Maybe she forgot I pay the damn phone bill. I can see every call you make, every text you send. I can see all of the calls and texts I’ve made to you that you haven’t acknowledged. I digress…so I’m trying to find out how my daughter is telling my parents she’s on her way to my house when she isn’t speaking to me; how is that gonna work? I reach out to her again…nothing. Well reviewing her cell phone records, my EXBOYFRIEND called her and she answered him! WHAT! So you are clearly picking and choosing who you want to talk to and I’m not on the list. I knew the most frequently called number had to be her best friend so I called her and asked for the location of her friend. She said my child was on campus staying w/ their other friend. Asked for the number and she gave it up w/o much fight. Called and texted her aider and abetter asking if the child was alive; just wanted to make sure she’s breathing.  

Finally, four days later, my daughter answers the phone trying to play sleep. I ask what’s going on and she goes on about how she’s been in financial aid all day and trying to get that fixed but they are unorganized. *side note* uhhh if you wouldn’t have fucked up, you wouldn’t have lost your financial aid that you are now trying to fix but blaming the “system” for your mistake. I ask her if they are running a 24 hour operation because I know I’d called outside of business hours. She then says, ”I don’t have reception here.” WHAT! Bullshit! Your reception was working just fine when you texted your bff at 2:43 this morning or when you were sending picture mail at 4am.  I just got off of the phone.  

I did text her back and ask what is really going on and didn’t get much in response. I ended it all telling her she is just making things harder on herself but since she obviously wants to be left alone, I’ll leave her alone. The ball is in her court and when she’s ready to talk, she knows how to reach me…since I decided not to turn her line off just yet. The day is still young.  

It may be raining metaphorically but I have a cute umbrella to rock as I trip trap all up and through it!

Funk-O-Meter = 4
Days Without 'Cupcake' = 9

1 comment: