“But I know it was something, oh, that made me blue
But believe me, child, I've been a fool for you
I've been a big fool for you”
~ Otis Redding
This is a whole new experience for me. I don’t feel the way
I would expect to feel but can’t quite articulate what it is I do feel. As I
piece together this puzzle of what the hell is going on with my daughter I am
more and more baffled.
Come to find out, not only was my daughter not talking to me
while she was telling my parents she was, she was telling a lot of people I was
a dead-beat mom. Apparently, her crocodile tears had duped a some folks as
she told them that she had been blowing up my phone and I wouldn’t respond. My
child declared that I didn’t try to do anything to help her and she was just
trying to survive solo. What the fuzzy?!?!?!
I don’t understand. If you’re telling people I didn’t try
and help you and that I am not supporting you, why are you refusing my help and
support that has been repeatedly offered? How can you tell someone that we got
into it when you won’t answer the phone or talk to me? Don’t you have to have a
conversation to “get into it?” None of this makes any sense to me and I’m so
confused. I have been sitting on the couch in a daze completely perplexed.
What I have decided is to take my hands off of it. I put it
out there that I was here when she needed it and I don’t know what more I can
do. I’m gonna lay on the couch and watch Snapped.

No comments:
Post a Comment