So I like what I see when I’m looking at me
When I’m walking past the mirror
No stress through the night, at a time in my life
Ain’t worried about if you feel it
Got my head on straight, I got my mind right
I aint gonna let you kill it
You see I wouldn’t change my life, my life’s just fine!
~ Mary J Blige – Just Fine
Let it go! Can’t let this thing called life get away from
me! So I’ve been on summer vacation lol! Between the unplanned work trip to
Midland & Odessa, TX and Hobbs, NM and my summer break festivities, I have neglected
to write. First it was trying to adjust to time zones and plane rides. Then it
was I got so far into my book, I had to spend every free moment in it, living
it, loving it .
I was kinda pissed off when I found out we only had ONE week
off between the summer semester and the fall semester. I’m over it. I just keep
reminding myself the sooner I get it started the sooner I’m done. This time
next year, I will be graduated with my Masters of Science in Human Resource
Management. Not about to be done, but done, walked, degree in hand! This means
I’m more than halfway through and I can tough it out a lil’ while longer. The
semesters felt long in the midst of them but that first year seems to have gone
by in a blur.
So back on the grind and gotta write what’s on my mind. I’ve
really been enjoying life. It seems surreal at times but not to the point I’m
not appreciating all of the fun I’m having. I’ve been hanging out with friends,
eating out, going to networking functions, playing at my job, I’m good. I just
need to get back on my gym grind so I can feel cute in a swimsuit and finally
use my passport. Ironically, they built a new gym across the street from my
apartment complex and my friend in the apartment office gave me a free pass
that includes free personal training. Right on time!
Ooooh, I was so excited about how I beat the textbook
system! While I was in Odessa, we received our book list for the fall semester.
Two books, used, on Amazon.com came to just shy of $300. Ohhh hell no! I hemmed
and hawed all day trying not to pay $300 for two books I know I wouldn’t get my
money’s worth out of. As my coworker since hours later he literally said, “You’re
still on that!! Just buy the damn books!” Then it hit me. Like Tina did Ike in
the limo, it finally hit me (haha! I love that line of Deuces). I remembered
when I sold my last book to Half Priced Books, they gave me a coupon for 10%
off of my next purchase. Thus far, I have not been able to find our books
online at Half Priced Books but I tried these two anyway. BAM! They had both
books or $45! EACH! So this means instead of $300, I only spent $110 w/ tax and
expedited shipping. Hmmm…I just saved $290! What to do what to do? SHOES!!! My
cousin hit me up as I was purchasing my books showing me the shoes she found on
Nine West’s website on clearance. Why not? I think I justified this purchase w/
my huge savings, right?? So I got four pair of shoes on sale for the same price
as my two text books and still saved almost $100! YAY ME!!
Even with family drama trying to rain on my pretty girl
parade, I’m good. I’m settling into my sunshine and loving it. As Jill Scott
would say, I’m wearing my freedom on a chain around my neck! I can’t wait to
see what wonders tomorrow brings. Everyday just keeps getting better…just as I
expect and demand it to!
![]() |
| My hood PEACE & chain lol! I couldn't find a "freedom" pendant |
Funk-O-Meter = 3.5
Days Without 'Cupcake' = 6 (...told you I've been having a good time lol!)


Okay, I'm gonna have to stop looking at the meters! :-/
ReplyDeleteThat cupcake needs a ring on it! Yeah I said it!! Still love C-Love though!!!
Glad to see you're enjoying yourself! And double yay on the shoes.
ReplyDeleteFor future reference, you can also use www.directtextbooks.com to find the best option for buying, renting, and selling textbooks.
ReplyDelete