Friday, July 13, 2012

What's In A Name?

Someone recently asked me where the name C. Love came from. It wasn’t vanity like some rapper boasting about their ability to knock down hoes, stack paper, and push fly whips. C. Love comes from my basic belief about life.  

God is love. God created man out of a desire to have a love relationship and fellowship. He also created us in His image and likeness. As a result, we have the same desires and basic needs of having love relationships. I feel everything we do in life is in effort to give or receive love. Even striving to meet our basic primal needs of food and shelter are out of the desire to live in order to fellowship with those we are connected to. Seeing that we don’t live under the law anymore and are now under grace, the only thing God has required of us is to love Him and our neighbors as ourselves. As a result, when you see me, you should…C. Love.

I really think the name C. Love captures the essence of me. At the same time, I’ve undergone so much change and growth in the past year I wondered if this was still the appropriate moniker for me.

I was recently introduced to Instagram. In order to look at pictures, I had to create a login. All of the names I tried with C. Love were taken. The thought came across me to just use C.Love backwards: evol_c. Then it hit me! This reflected my recent EVOLUTION! C. Love evolved is evol.C. There within my name was an entire new name reflecting the original intent and meaning of love while capturing the recent transformation I’m undergoing.  How cool is that?!?!?! Ok, it was cool to me.

Funk-O-Meter = 1.5

2 comments: