"I'm sorry that I'm leaving
I'm sorry that I stayed
I'm sorry that I ever let you treat me that way
But I accept my apology
I'm gonna do better by me
I wrote this song to say I forgive me"
~ Kelly Price - I'm Sorry
“Make
easy decisions and live a hard life or make hard decisions and live an easy
life.” ~ unknown
Well I’m tired of living a hard life and I am ready to make some hard
decisions. When I start feeling down or frustrated with not being where
I want to be in certain areas of my life due to choices I’ve made along the
way, I have to remind myself that I’ve started the correction process. Rome
wasn’t built in a day. I started making the hard decisions to change the course of
my life but just one change does not a renovation make.
While walking my sweet Chloee muffin this morning, she was
running full speed and dragging me towards a dead end. I wondered what the heck
is she going to do when she gets as far as she can go? Doesn’t
she see that there is no outlet this direction? This made me think why have I
done the same thing in relationships?
I look back over the past several relationships and if I’m honest with myself, I was running full speed toward a dead end. I can pinpoint a moment, an action, a statement during the initial “getting to know each other” period when it was clear the relationship was not going to be what I wanted or needed it to be; most during the first few days. I can isolate instances when I saw a red flag and heard alarms going off but simply ignored them. Why? I fully comprehend it is impossible to change someone yet I forged on. Did I hope I could love them enough to make them want to change or become what I needed? I know it’s not because I only saw what I wanted to see because I saw the truth. I saw the incompatibility, the commitment phobia, and the blatant meanness from the onset. I contorted and conformed myself hoping I could accept the way things were to the point I became unrecognizable to myself.
This led to one of my hardest decisions to date. There was a
red flag and illegal play that was so atrocious I couldn’t look away. I could
no longer try to adapt myself in order to lessen the pain so I decided to
leave. I have to keep reminding myself this decision was a step in the right
direction. That if I continue to make the tough choices, life will get easier
even though I’m still sifting through some of the hard life deposited from
previous decisions.
Funk-O-Meter = 1.5

Wellllll (in my church deacon voice). I had to get myself right before I could read this one. One of my VPs was the guest speaker at my team luncheon today and I felt like she took me straight to church (which I will write about tomorrow). One quote she had was "The easy choices are usually the worst choices." OUCH.
ReplyDelete