“I don't fight I
don't argue I'll just that bitch with a bottle!” ~ Miss B from the song Bottle
Action
![]() |
| Clara Harris' car used to run over her husband |
Wouldn’t it be fun to act on impulse without stopping to
think about consequence? Just once? Just maybe? Talking with a girlfriend this
morning, somehow we got onto the topic of women that snap. Heck, there is a whole
series on television about it. The most memorable case of snapping that started
an uncontrollable laughing fit for me this morning was Clara Harris. I just kept thinking about the
video clip of Clara running over her husband in the hotel parking lot after
finding out he was having an affair not once but THREE times. What stood out
most in my head was you could see the car lift up as it went over her husband
each time as if he were a speed bump…like, “Bloop Bloop!”
I’m not making light of the fact David Harris is deceased,
but come on! Haven’t we all been mad enough to want to run someone over? Isn’t
there a little part of you that wishes you could unleash your anger and take
your vengeance without having to wait on God or the justice system to handle
up? It almost seems unfair that others are able to wrong you and if you wrong
them back you face punishment. I know the Bible says to turn the other cheek
but impulse and human nature wants to retaliate.
When my brother was a baby, he had a biting problem…a
SERIOUS biting problem. He was kicked out of two preschools for biting. One day
he bit me and drew blood. My mother told me to bite him back. I was shocked?
Are you saying I can bite a baby?? She said that is the only way to show him
how much it hurts so he won’t continue to bite me so I did. She said no, bite
him to where it hurts him and made me do it again. My brother may have bitten
other people but he never bit me again. She was right.
Gone are the days of an eye for an eye…sigh. If people were
permitted to retaliate, would there be as much crime? I wonder. If they had to
fear getting their hand chopped off for stealing or being beheaded for
adultery. It’s such an intense desire to instantly react as a result of
infidelity that it has become a crime of passion. If you react in the moment,
you might possibly get off on some kind of temporary insanity plea. What about
the next day when the weight of infidelity is weighing heavy on your heart? Why
can you not vindicate yourself? They still broke a promise and cheated. Their
crime against your heart remains, why can you not right the wrong.
I know and understand that two wrongs don’t make a right and
that hitting someone back doesn’t undo the pain they inflicted upon you. I
understand why there are laws in place to protect against retaliation and even
work in a position where I protect them. These are just some of the random
thoughts that run through my head and I wonder if anyone else ever thinks like
that. Just know that if you are in
conversation with me and you hear me say, “Bloop Bloop!” I mentally just ran
someone over and am contemplating if I should drive around and hit them again!
Funk-O-Meter = 1.5
Funk-O-Meter = 1.5


" Are you saying I can bite a baby?" Lol that made me laugh out loud
ReplyDelete