Thursday, July 19, 2012

Good Morning!


In bed staring at the ceiling
Weight of the world on my chest
Continual opposition
Though earnestly trying my best
A regular, repeated victim
Of dear ol’ Murphy’s Law
Heart swells with good intentions
Yet all that’s visible is flaws
Wouldn’t it just be easier
To give up, lay down, and quit
Then forever forging and fighting
Trying not to drown in shit
Two steps forward
Eight steps back
Everything going wrong
Constantly attacked
For some strange reason
I continue on
I keep getting up
And fighting this alone
Steady pushing for greatness
Internally assured there has to be more
Defying the odds against me
Staunchly kicking down doors
It’s audible deep inside
That I am on the verge
Inevitable that success and I
Will meet and finally converge
So I restock my mental arsenal
Equip myself and rearm
Time to get up and fight
...there goes the sound of the alarm

Good morning opposition!

No comments:

Post a Comment