Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bleeding Ballpoint


My pen bleeds across the journal
Revealing all I’ve hidden within my heart
Things no one’s supposed to know
Clandestine feelings that were never to part

Everything had been safely concealed
Tucked away in chagrin
As the pen pours onto the pages
Sketching the skeletons within

As point meets page hemorrhaging
I’m unable to stop
My spirit from singing its story
Or heart depleting every drop

With each throb and beat of my heart
My loquacious implement overflows
Serving as a form of release
Of the emotional dam before it blows

Each leaf revealing more
As the ink begins to soak
Things that have never been given voice
Eloquently articulated with each stroke

Unaware of the need for an outlet
Core no longer able to contain or hold
The pen refusing to be silenced
Conspiring with my soul

Why does my pen betray me
Sharing secrets meant to be kept
Every mark divulging
Until nothing is left…

Funk-O-Meter = 3.5 Days Without 'Cupcake' = 3 (...but I have the shakes)

1 comment: