“The kind that will have you over the stove
At 2 a.m. in your robe
Cooking a late night snack
But you don't mind cuz you got that kind of love
Twenty four, three hundred sixty five
Make you cry, love
I wanna rich, poor, sickness, health
'Till death do us part
I want that kind of love”
~ Angie Stone – That Kind of Love
I’m digging this meditation challenge I’ve been doing. What
I think is kinda cool about it is I thought it wasn’t necessarily related to
God but every time I do it, I feel the presence of God so strong. Even now,
just typing about it. “It’s like whoa!”
Yesterday’s meditation was about creating your personal abundance
from an infinite source that already resides within you. The focus was to
meditate on the things you want more of and that posed a good question. What
the heck DO I want? The initial reaction is to say, “Duh! I want it all!! Brand new socks & draws!!”
As I really pressed in and thought about what does my heart,
my being desire more of…I’m sure you’ve guessed the first thing on the list:
Love.
When I say I want more love, I mean I want more of the love
I desire and give, not the jacked up, training wheels or on a spare tire kind
of love I’ve been getting. I’m not talking about the Agape, deity love I know
I have in God. My Storge, friendship love is met and overflowing from the
sister-friends my deity delegated to me. I think having a child helps meet the Pragma,
realistic portion of love. I’ve had enough Ludas, game-playing love to last me
a lifetime and am still in my own witness protection program hiding from some Mania,
obsessive love.
I am significantly lacking in the love area of Eros.
The romantic, passionate, heart fluttering, stomach flipping,
Singing, hopping and skipping kinda love
The all I see is rainbows in the sky and stars in my eyes
kinda love
The hand holding, not constantly scolding kinda love
The dance until my feet ache just to remain face to face
kinda love
Some “what can I do for you ‘cause you’re my boo” kinda love
Sweet and kind calling just because I’m on your mind kinda
love
Flirty and fun texts not trying to get some sex kinda love
A forever future not a fling, one that comes with a ring
kinda love
Post wedding celebration reminiscent of the best night at
the club kinda love
Burning, penetrating eye gazing and simply amazing kinda
love
I was feeling that freestyle flow on the 1’s and 2’s.
Microphone check lol!
And I know the more I focus on the source of and what I
desire, more of my desires will manifest. What we focus on, we give life to so
it was a good reminder to not be so focused on what I don’t want but to zone in
on what it is I do most deeply aspire.
Funk-O-Meter
= 13
(total
days in a funky mood from 7/10/12 – 7/10/13)
Days
Until Graduation = 276
Days
w/o 'Cupcake' = a lot

No comments:
Post a Comment