| a recent happy moment! |
“So when you look at
my face
You gotta know that
I'm made of everything love and pain
These are the pieces
of me
Like every woman I
know
I'm complicated fo
sho
But when I love I
love til there's no love no more
These are the pieces
of me
~ Ledesi – Pieces of
Me
Currently
is a feature javacia @ the writeous babe project (blogger I follow) did
recently and I thought it was clever. Currently is essentially a list of what
you're into at the moment and is a great way for your readers to get to know
you better.
Watching: I don’t even think I have time to write all of that. Let’s just say I live via DVR! It is very rare I watch live TV since my schedule is so all over the map, I’m never home regularly enough to watch something. If I hear about a good show from someone, I might record it once, see how I feel about it and decide if I’ll follow or now. I may watch a lot of DVR but I DON’T watch and have never seen an episode of Basketball Wives, Love & Hip Hop, and Jersey Shore. Not really into stuff like that. I tried one episode of Couple’s Counseling and didn’t even finish it. I prefer Tia & Tamara for my reality fix lol! Oh…true confession…I’m hooked on Tamar Braxton. I just can’t stop watching it. Usually I like news, news stories like Dateline and 20/20. I love the new show Scandal. I save that one to watch w/ a great meal uninterrupted. I like a couple of the new comedies The New Girl, 2 Broke Girls, Ben & Kate and Modern Family. These shows right here make me laugh OUT LOUD!! Their writers are fools I would love to know.
Listening to: Ne-Yo’s new CD, R.E.D.! I love it. I love him. I feel his CD is breathing fresh air into my hopelessly romantic lungs that were recently punctured. He even has a duet on here with Tim McGraw called She Is. I woke up singing/hearing that one morning recently and smiled knowing that someday, someone will feel like this about me because I Am! I felt Ne-Yo was telling allllllllll my business in the song Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself). Wow! The song Miss Right makes me feel jazzy, want to get gussied up and step out. Don’t Make Em Like You f/ Wiz Khalifa is my new anthem and mantra. They don’t make ‘em like me anymore! I could go on and on but this CD makes me laugh, smile, cry, and feel like a valuable, beautiful woman.
Planning: 2013! 2012 was my BEST year ever. I did a lot, learned a lot, grew a lot…all in preparation for 2013! With my graduation from graduate school smack dab in the middle of 2013, I know this is going to be a blast. I’m planning how to budget and allocate my dollars for all of the fun I want to have while getting out of debt and saving towards the townhome/condo I plan to buy at the end of 2013 beg of 2014 for Chloee and I to reside in. I’m planning my 37th birthday party in April, my best friends 35th birthday bash in Feb/March, my graduation trip in August. I’m excited and planning on turning my international trip for school to Brazil April 26-May into a work trip so I don’t have to use any vacation time. There is a lot of fabulosity coming up!!!
Thinking about: My future. The lessons I’ve learned that will better prepare me for what is to come. I’m thinking about what I really want to do with my life. I really enjoy Employee Relations but I don’t know that I want to work for someone else. I view corporate America as a pimp/hoe game. If you’re not the pimp, you’re just another hoe. I am thinking about how my desire and enjoyment of writing plays a part in or connects with my pleasure of investigating workplace issues. I’m thinking about obtaining my mediation certification and conducting mediations as a side hustle to help transition into being my own pimp. I’m thinking about how to PASS this damn SPHR exam to secure the highest level of HR certification to increase my credibility as being Pimptastic.
Looking forward to: All the stuff I’m planning for 2013!! LOL! See the ‘Planning’ section above.
Reading:
Ø Effective Training; Systems, Strategies and Practices by Nick Blanchard
and James W. Thacker
Ø Performance Management by Herman Aguinas
…now I am reading
those because I have no choice right now. What I try and sneak and read when I
have a moment (which hasn’t been since my work trip to Pittsburgh in September)
is:
Ø Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James. (book 2 of the trilogy)
I was opposed
to reading what I heard on the street was female porn but I have fallen madly
in love w/ hoping Christian and Ana make it and live happily ever after. Ana’s
smart ass mouth makes me laugh aloud! I was finishing book one on a plane cracking
up and the woman sitting next to me said she laughed the whole way through as
well and no one told her the books were funny. I identified immediately with
Ana’s character and I was hooked.
Making me happy: ouch! Hard
question to ask in the midst of current life. I’ll go with Chloee! Ya, that’s
my final answer! My miniature schnauzer, Chloee Muffin, is funny, sweet,
understanding and loves her some me! She makes me smile even when I want to
lock her out of my bedroom for waking me up in the middle of the night trying
to get me to scoot over so she can jump up on my bed and thinks I’m too close
to the edge and she might not have enough leverage! CRAZY! Lol!
Funk-O-Meter
= 16
(total
days in a funky mood from 7/10/12 – 7/10/13)
Days
Until Graduation = 262

No comments:
Post a Comment