Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Love on Top


 
“You're the one that I love
Baby, you're the one that I need
You're the only one I see
Baby, baby it's you
You're the one that gives your all
You're the one that always calls
When I need you everything stops
Finally you put my love on top”
~ Beyoncé – Love On Top 

When I am excited about doing something, I will move Heaven and earth to make sure I do it. No matter what I am responsible to do, I will find a way to do what I want to do. Always have and think I always will.  

I sincerely believe that people make time for what they want. People do what they want to do and don’t do what they don’t want to do. I don’t buy the excuses of “Oh, see I didn’t have time.” Yes you did. Whatever it was you felt was more important that caused you not to have time for other things is what you designated to fit in that time.  

We are all given the same amount of time in a day and it is completely up to us how that time is allocated. Time is our most precious, non-renewable resource. However at the end of the day, how the time is spent is about the self-designated priorities. Some say “well I have to work to pay the bills!” Ok. But you choose the industry you work in, how long you work, how much of yourself you invest in work, for how long etc. You determine your work/life balance. If someone wants to be a workaholic, they can’t then complain they don’t have quality relationships. They’ve chosen to invest themselves in work and not people.  

We can’t invest our time one way and expect a return in another area of our life. Seedtime & harvest is a principal that stands. You get out what you put in…period.  

I said all this because as I was listening to one of my favorite songs and Beyoncé was pouring her heart out about finally being put on top, it made me realize I can’t swallow the bullshit excuses anymore. I have worked fulltime and been a fulltime student while balancing the responsibilities of managing a household and family on my own. I still found time to pour into the relationships I valued. Club C. Love was holding it down during the midst of one of the busiest times of my life. Grind hard. Play harder. But that’s just it; I invested myself and my time where I wanted to reap a harvest. So when “someone” tells me they don’t have time to hang out, have to work, trying to go back to school, trying to redirect their path that doesn’t include me my stomach drops because I know if they really wanted to be with or spend time with me they would. I would. I have. I do.  

"If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don't, you will find an excuse."  ~Anonymous

Funk-O-Meter = 13
(total days in a funky mood from 7/10/12 – 7/10/13)
Days Until Graduation = 277
Days w/o 'Cupcake' = a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment