Monday, February 18, 2013

Goodnight Seattle - and good mental health!


Frasier: I'm not chicken. I'm just really hesitant.

Frasier: So are you suggesting that I go along and pretend I'm enjoying myself in something that gives me no pleasure at all just to hear the words I love you?
Daphne: Why not? Women have been doing it for centuries.



Daphne: Feeling a bit lonely are we?
Niles: Only when I'm by myself or when I'm with other people.

Frasier: (looks at watch)
Martin: I saw that!
Frasier: I'm not bored, I was simply wondering how long we've been sitting here enjoying ourselves.

 Daphne: The third date might carry a certain significance to you Americans, but it takes more than three dinners to get bangers and mash with Daphne Moon

I forgot how much I enjoy watching Frasier. The first time I had to go to the hospital for an infusion to smother George, the television happened to be on Frasier. I watched four episodes back to back and laughed out loud. Several times. I started DVR’ing episodes just so I have some on deck if I need a laugh…which means I’ve been watching a lot of Frasier lately. 

When I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t sleep: Frasier. When I’m ordered to stay in the house but I want to go play: Frasier. When I’m sad there is no one there: Frasier. When I’m trying to stop thinking so I can go to bed: Fraiser. He’s become the cure-all in my apartment like Windex on My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Anything happens, put Frasier on and laugh through it. 

I hope I don’t run out of episodes…

2 comments:

  1. Laughter does good like a medicine! My Frazier is the Steve Harvey Talk show. He's a nut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Adventures of Old Christine!! She has seen me thru the darkness many of day

    ReplyDelete