“Everybody's talking all this stuff about me now
Why don't they just let me live?
I don't need commission
Make my own decisions
That's my prerogative”
~ Bobby Brown – My Prerogative
If one more person says to me:
“Well I just figured you were busy so I assumed you couldn’t
make it.”
I’m going to go smack off!! Yes, it is known I am busy. I
work a full-time, demanding job that isn’t always respectful of a straight 8-5
schedule and I attend graduate school that lately has had no respect for ANY
type of schedule. HOWEVER…I, C. Love, dictate what is done and what isn’t done
in my day-to-day.
I was on the phone w/ my homie and she was sharing what T.D.
Jakes was talking about on Super Soul Sunday.
She said are you busy or are you effective? Apparently he was talking
about people that are always busy but not effective in their being busy.
I immediately thought of my current frustrations with others
telling me they “know I’m busy.” Well I am. But I think I’m not busy just to be
busy. I see the purpose in the things I’m being busy with. Both work and school
right now are tools to elevate my career and financial goals here shortly. The
end is in sight (…284 days to graduation!)
At the same time, just because I work and go to school doesn’t
mean I don’t have time or make time for things I want to do. I have days I sit
at home in silence or don’t leave for over 24 hours because no one has called
and everyone assumes I’m “busy.” I know how to manage my time. Maybe others can’t
walk and chew gum so they assume everyone else can’t either. I’m OCD. I’m
pretty darn good at that thing called multitasking.
Oh the other phrase that gets my goat (…what does that mean?
I hear older people say it and I know from context it means pisses them
off. I shall google it):
“I know you have a lot on your plate.”
OK! And! So freakin’ what! When you have a full plate in
front of you does that mean you have to eat everything on it? Do you even want
to eat what’s on it? Can you not desire to go get fast food or takeout instead?
I’m sorry, just because my plate is dished up and overflowing doesn’t mean I
have to eat what was put on it, what I put on it, or that I can’t eat something
not on that plate if I want to. I’m grown. I control my plates now. I can trash
everything on my plate if I want to! It’s my prerogative. Ooh, now I know what
song clip I shall play for today lol!
Funk-O-Meter
= 12 (total days in a funky mood from 7/10/12 –
7/10/13)
Days
Without 'Cupcake' = 5 ...*eye roll*

No comments:
Post a Comment