Thursday, September 13, 2012

Simply Normal


I'm just trying to be me
Doing what I got to do
Some people think that I'm
Just sittin on top of the world
I'm just try to be me proving what I got to prove
Some people think that I'm
Just sittin' on top of the world

~ Brandy – Top of the World

It is so freakin’ cool to consistently be in a good mood for a long period of time. Even while drama has stalked me and tried to catch me off guard, NOT. I keep waiting for this new found inner peace to flee or wear off…but it’s still here. Simply amazing! I feel as though I have entered into a new life. Transitioned into a new phase…finally! I remember having flashes of happiness or momentary joy previously but it wasn’t deep rooted or lasting. 

There is a difference internally that I have yet figured out how to articulate. It feels like a good mood or a rush of endorphins that doesn’t go away. When I wake up, I can feel the inside smile. When something irritates me or pisses me off, I notice I don’t stay mad as long because the bubbly, delicious, wonderfulness overpowers any angst, anger, bitterness, resentment, irritation, or anxiety.  

Is this what normal or stability feel like? Maybe that’s what it is. It’s been so long since I’ve experienced or encountered either one so I don’t recognize it lol! I’m a regular person!  

Clementine Fox and I have discussed this at length. How alllllll we’ve wanted all our lives was to be a simple girl. FINALLY I feel like I am lol! Here is the clip from Grey's Anatomy that has touched our lives:
 

Funk-O-Meter = 12 (total days in a funky mood during a 1 year period)
Days Without 'Cupcake' = 10

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! You had to explain the meter!! Glad you are in this wonderful place. I hope to see you there soon!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete