“Some people say
That there ain’t no
such thing
No such thing as a
lasting love
Well I don’t agree
‘Cause I hold within
me
The very love that I’m
speaking of
It can surely be
Everything that you
need
Making both two worlds
complete
So I’m saving all, all
of my love
For that special one
you see
I want a real love
I need a true love
And I’ll never stop
searching for that higher love
I want a real love
I need a true love
A real true love
In this world today
Will true love is rare
Give your heart if you
dare
To stand the pain
Well I’m so tired
Going back and forth
Being in and out
Of what I thought was
love
Hear me Lord up above
Send me someone please
Surely you can see
This feeling is so
strong in me
The kind of love when
Two hearts become one
Minds grow closer and
closer
Love that shines
bright when there’s no sun
I want a real love
I need a true love
And I’ll never stop
searching for that higher love
I want a real love
I need a true love
A real true love”
~Stephanie Mills –
Real Love
From the song alone, you can tell I was digging in the retro crates. This song was on my mind earlier this week and I kept forgetting to move it into my R&B playlist in iTunes. Stephaie Mills' "Home" CD was great!
I was having a glorious Fun Family Friday chatting w/ my bestie. Fun
Family Friday is really a mockery, a sham and there is nothing fun about it lol!! In actuality it's a raggedy, uneventful
Friday night; the norm. It never ceases to amaze me how much fun we have
acting straight fool no matter where we are or what we're doing lmao!! I am convinced we will ALWAYS be young at heart. The super bowl
commercial for Taco Bell w/ the old people partying like rock stars then hitting
Taco Bell before they go back to the retirement home and the sun is already up…that
is sooooo us in our 80s (see video below)! Living in two different states and time zones,
we consistently manage to have so much fun I think some people I mention her to in Texas
thinks she lives here!
Tonight, there were a couple songs I had been meaning to
download so I could update the iPod. Somehow, this turned into a coast to coast
house party! Keep in mind, there was no one in my apartment with me besides
Chloee who seemed annoyed at the racket and kept lifting head back out of her
bed to look at me like I needed to turn it down lol!! BFF was there remotely via
Twitter and Gmail Chat and we had a couple sign on from Austin and San Antonio.
As I started downloading songs for my Club C. Love mix, I was emailing the BFF
every song. Throw a couple drinks in the mix on both ends and you have yourself
a party. While this was going on, she
was tweeting about our exhilarating evening. I ended up going from downloading
songs for the iPod to taking request from all over this land. I’m playing cuts,
taking requests and emailing jams. This was all hype music. It was for the Club
C. Love mix. I inadvertently came across a “sexy time” song. This changed the tone of night. Remember
after last call when the club is about to close and they play one more song
that’s slow like R. Kelly’s “Slow Dance?” I started mixing the love songs and
mood music which birthed the Quiet Storm hosted by yours truly; DJ C. Love!.
LMAO!!
We had so much fun!! I sincerely believe it’s not where you
are but who you’re with that determines if you have a good time. I was pinned
in, staying on the only dry spot in the bedroom since the apt flooded this
morning yet I still had a freakin’ BALL lol!! Below is a portion of the convo via
twitter.
Laura Charles: I'm laying in the bed flipping between
CNN and iron man while my friend emails me rap songs while djing alone with her
dog @C_Lovelmao
Laura Charles: She is having a PAR-TAY
y'all...alllllll by herself lol while I watch CNN . Exciting ladies we are lol @C_Love
C. Love: C. Love on the 1's & 2's!!! Get
your requests in early. If it's wack we won't play it!
Laura Charles: @C_Love hahahaaahha
Laura Charles:
She just sent me a song
called Keep it Trill *sigh*
C. Love: @LauraCharlesWe are rolling up on that
Quiet Storm hour so if you have a dedication for that special someone out there
listening, give us call
Laura Charles:
@C_Love hahaahahah I
wanna hear dat Somebody Loves You DJ C. Love!!!!
C. Love: @LauraCharles We got you. Whoever you are,
if you're listening, Somebody Loves You...and that somebody is Ms Charles. Good
luck Laura!
Laura Charles:
@C_Love hhahahahah thank
you missus DJ!!!!
C. Love: @LauraCharles Incase that special
someone wasn't listening we sent u a little something to get you through the
night. Love is on the way!
C. Love: @LauraCharles. Another lovely lady hit us
on the phone lines, and she’s been run over by love. This song goes out to you,
Sweetheart. “Love Hasn't Been Easy On Me” ~Stephanie Mills
C. Love: @LauraCharles We hope you all enjoyed
tonight's Quiet Storm. We just heard back from Lady Laura and that someone she
loves heard her dedication and came right on over! Make sure to send DJ C. Love
a wedding invite for the assist. Our last song goes out to Lady Laura and her
Love “Love Will Be Waiting At Home” by For Real. Until next time, we wish you
sweet, blissful love that rains down on your soul and storms through your
heart. Good night and great love!
References:

No comments:
Post a Comment