“Clearly I am not a fat ass
I am active brain
And lip smacking
peach deep
Sometimes too
aggressive in its honesty
And heart sweet
That loves wholly and
completely…
…I am gifted
I am all of this
And indeed the Shit
Clearly I am not just
an ass”
~ Jill Scott - Womanifesto
It sucks to love someone and they don’t love you back. Even if they do, they have such commitment and intimacy issues that they won’t allow
themselves to be in a real relationship with anyone. After hitting my head against the brick wall
repeatedly, I'm glad I finally figured it out…before I got a concussion.
The old adage is true, why buy the cow if you can get the
milk for free. I’m not simply speaking of sex but more so everything that makes me me. The
cooking, thoughtful gifts, educational and career motivation, esteem building,
and all the other over and above things I find myself naturally inclined to do.
I think some of us women that have not received the love and support we should
have earlier in our lives subconsciously give to our partner in attempts to be
accepted and loved. We think the more we give, do and be, the more they will
see how great we are and do it back; make us feel accepted. Well at least looking at myself and my
path, I’m realizing that’s what I had been doing (past tense).
Men and relationships don’t automatically comply with the
whole seed-time & harvest. Just because I pour into someone, doesn’t mean
they are going to pour back. Especially if there is no bond, commitment or
covenant inclining them to do so. Who doesn’t want to be taken care of? Would I
complain if someone were taking care of me? And just because someone is being taken care of me, does that mean they have to take care of me in return? No. It’s
ideal, and we should all treat others as we want to be treated but everyone has
free will. Just like I have a past that makes me vulnerable and desirous of
emotional security, whoever is on the other side comes as an amalgamation of
their individual experiences.
So. After weighing it long and hard, researching it and even
praying about it I decided no more milk if you don’t buy the whole damn cow. I know
I’m worth buying. No matter what has occurred up to this point in my life, the
person that I am is worthy of being committed to, loved and valued. I’m not
giving away my value. It must be bought. I wouldn’t just get my jewelry box
out, stand on the corner and start giving away diamonds. So if I expect
compensation for material things, how much more should I expect compensation
for the worth of me? Oh, and different countries have different currencies so
what might work as compensation in one place won’t work in another. So it is
for humans. Not only do I now require compensation, but the correct form of
payment.
Big, scary, lonely step…but I’m taking it.

Good for you!!!!
ReplyDelete