Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cinematography

“You oughta be in pictures. You’re wonderful to see. You oughta be in pictures. O what a hit you would be.” ~ Doris Day

It’s one thing to watch a movie, a whole different thing to be the movie. Watching Tyler Perry’s new movie was as enjoyable as it was painful. It was kinda like when you go to church and enjoy the message while the pastor steps all over your toes.

This journey of life was promised to be difficult, turbulent, even violent but damn. I know the Word says He will never put more on me than I can bear but do I get a vote? Obviously, I’m still here but I could stand turning down the pressure a bit.

Things are to the point where I feel it’s pointless to talk about it. For what? What does complaining, venting or “sharing” do? Does it change anything? Sometimes I feel like people have to get tired of hearing the horrific happenings that continue to plague. How many Murphy’s Law moments can happen to one individual? I wonder if people think I make this stuff up since I’m “creative” or if I look for a way to shoot everything to hell. It’s gotten to the point where I hate the question:


“How are you?”

Some responses that come to mind are:

    1. How the hell do you think I am?
    2. Do you REALLY want me to answer that or are you just making conversation?
    3. Battered, beaten, and bruised, how about you?
    4. Fucked.

Instead, I just smile. Smile and say good, great or never better.

I sit and watch as moviegoers react and comment on the fictitious cinema knowing there has to be a camera on me somewhere rolling as my screenplay movie continues to play out. Unfortunately, unlike everyone else who paid $9.50 for their ticket, an exorbitant amount for their snacks, watched their flick, and go home to their lives…I can’t walk off of the screen.

…just like the movie I watched had a happy ending, so will mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment