Monday, July 4, 2011

Heros




"Happy Birthday, Happy 4th of July, hope you happy with your birthday bean pie!" ~ Dwayne Wayne on A Different World

Ok, so I’ve started watching Heros, which has got me to thinking about some things.

This morning when I woke up, that song Dwayne Wayne was singing to Whitley was stuck in my head (see lyrics above). I stopped and thought I’m sure there are VERY few people that remember that, why do I? Then I started thinking about all of the classes I’ve been in from kindergarten to bachelor’s degree. Some things I remember vividly, others I wouldn’t recognize if you showed me the paper with my name on the top of it. How is that?

If I have the ability to remember a poem I read on a poser in a 6th grade science class, what I was wearing in a dream in 1st grade, lyrics to a cheesy song I saw on a television show maybe twice, why can’t I remember the math calculations and scientific formulas I learned and executed? What makes different things stick for different people and other things fade into the background? God designed us in His image, each w/ a specific purpose, so does what sticks and what doesn’t have something to do with that?

As we go through life, things that seem normal or common to us may confound others. For years I thought everyone could put words together or see what I saw in my head. To this day I’m still struggling to accept that there is no one else that can see the things I see, which is why God designed me this way to share His and “this” perspective w/ others. I think we are all “Heros” and are supposed to tap into our “powers” in order to fulfill our purpose. I also think most of the time, it takes others and their “powers” to figure out what that purpose is. We have to work together. When human nature is compiled together, each perspective shining through, we create one voice, one vision.

We each are flawed, have different weaknesses. Sometimes I get irritated w/ certain weaknesses in others that to me seem like a non-issue. I find myself thinking, why can’t they just stop or change or keep going? I’m sure others look at my weaknesses and think the same things. Why can’t I just change or be stronger in a certain area they have no issue being strong in? I guess we each have our kryptonite.

There’s a reason why when I look at people and the world I hear melodies and see lyrics. What makes me a “freak” of nature is my call to nature. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with it yet but I’m sure the right Hero will come along and help me harness my powers to fulfill my purpose and serve the good of mankind as was originally planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment